Blackmagia

Class:
Mage

Main Talent Spec:
Frost

Armory profile:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Blackmagia/simple

Number of days played (/played):

Normal days and times you are able to play (Note: We raid Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 8:00pm-11:00pm EST):
Wednesday, Friday, Saturday I can raid

Please answer the following questions:

Why are you interested in Synesthesia?:
I want to be a part of a quality progression raiding team.

What guild(s) were you in previously? :
Rated M and TNT

Why did you leave your previous guild(s)?:
They didn't have quality raiding opportunities for me. Even if it's on an alts raiding team. I just want to be part of the solution.

Are you able to use Mumble during raid (talk and listen)?:
I have not used it, but I don't know why I couldn't. I am more familiar with vent.

What is your second spec and how experienced are you with it? Raiders are encouraged to maintain and be proficient with a useful secondary spec. :
I raided during Cata as all three specs at one time or another, so I could pick them up if need be.

Are you willing to change spec if asked?:
Yes.

What secondary stat do you reforge to and WHY? What Gems do you use for each of the colored sockets?:
Hit to cap > Haste > Crit > Mastery. According to http://www.icy-veins.com/frost-mage-wow-pve-dps-statistics-priority-reforging, this is the best way to go.
Blue: Int & Hit
Yellow: Int & Haste
Red: Intellect

Tell us why you've chosen your current set of talents. Be thorough; we're interested in your rationale, especially with the new MoP talent system which creates much more room for player choice.:
Tier 1 - Ice Flows so I can cast while moving in raids (lots of movement in raids)
Tier 2 - Ice Barrier for on demand damage reduction
Tier 3 - Ice Ward for a little crowd control
Tier 4 - Cauterize for automatic survivability
Tier 5 - Living Bomb (but sometimes Nether Tempest depending on fight)
Tier 6 - Invocation seems to work best for me. Not enough stationary fights to use Rune of Power and Icy Veins says Incanter's Ward is only viable sometimes

What is your play style? Do you click your abilities and what keybinds do you use? How do you move in game? Do you know how to strafe? When standing in fire, explain how you get out of it specifically.:
I have most of my abilities keybinded on the keypad for this toon. I use the clique addon to bind a few more keys. I use strafe as part of normal play, just as much as I use the forward key. I also have a couple macros I use. If in fire I would either Blink out or strafe/run out, whichever is most viable for the situation.

Are you a macro user - do you have a lot of class specific macros that you use, and what is their function? :
Yes, I use macros. I do have class specific macros, three of them. I have a blink and counterspell macro, each stops casting before casting the blink or counterspell. The third class specific macro combines Icy Veins, Alter Time and Frostbolt. I have two fight specific macros for targeting specific enemies in the Horridon fight.

What is your raiding experience (Classic, BC, WotLK, Cata)? Please be specific - we want to know about your personal experience with raid bosses, not just a general overview of what you've heard about.:
I started playing with WotLK was out. I did a lot of pugs, but wasn't very successful or good at that time. In Cata, I found a decent progression guild. We progressed some each week, but I stopped playin during Firelands because I had a son on the way. We were a 25 man raid team. From my memory, we spent the most time on Beth'tilac. When I stopped, we were working on Alysrazor. That guild had apparently transferred realms by the time I came back.

Can you provide us with any combat log parses of yourself in a raiding environment (WWS, WowMeterOnline, WorldOfLogs)? Anyone can run logs on themselves so there is no good reason to not have one to show off your performance.:
I've never been asked to do that, so I never have and don't know how.

Please give us a screenshot of your current UI (use a non-shit image host please, like Imgur.com) and explain which addons you use, and why you use them.:
Spoke to Masz and he said the GM said I can skip this.

What are your thoughts on contributing to a communal guild bank? :
I'm fine contributing.

Which of the following statements is the most accurate about you?:
I make my own food

What makes you a good addition to our guild?:
I read a good amount on my toon and spec, on the raids we'll be doing, I watch videos of fights. I'm going to be as prepared as I can be. I can take and give constructive criticism which is essential to overcoming hurdles.

What are you computer specifications? Do you have a stable internet connection? Are you able to run raids with a decent FPS output?:
Windows 7 64-bit, i5 CPU, 8GB RAM. Verizon FioS Cable internet

Who are you? Where are you from? How OLD are you? What do you do when you're not playing WoW? What other games do you enjoy?:
I'm from Baltimore, MD. I'm almost 29. I work, go to college at night, spend time with my wife and kids. I'm a big Baltimore Ravens/NFL fan.

Is there anything else you would like to tell us? (addictions, Swiss bank account numbers, past crimes, etc.):
My availability could change when my night classes change days of the weeks.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Never
Monday -> Never
Tuesday -> Don't Know
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Don't Know
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Masz
joshup
Alt

re: DECLINED - App: Kurburos - by Hexfury!

Hi there, thanks for your application. I see you can't make Tuesday and Thursday which means you'll only be raiding with us 4 times a month. The only thing i can think of is taking you as a backup until your night classes change.

Everything else looks solid tho, the GM will get back to you shortly.

-Masz
tealah
Officer

id be willing to take you as a backup due to your schedule and when and if it changed we could open up rour raid avability

re: Thank you

Ok. Thank you for consideration. My nights won't change until September. I'm going to keep looking right now, but if September comes and I'm still looking. I'll get back to you. Good luck!
Masz
joshup
Alt

Good luck with your search for a raiding guild!

If something ever changes just let an officer know Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Synesthesia Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: